Friday 6 January 2012

My reason behind the idea of a blog

My childhood and parts of my life have been so traumatic that until recently I did not realise that I have been suffering from depression for most of my life.

That the events In my childhood and adult life have subsequently shaped my whole life including the decisions I have made and the paths I have taken.

I am currently in recovery from a breakdown during which time I read various books on depression, some were self help books, memoirs of other random peoples experiences of depression. Some books helped others just made me feel even more depressed. I was looking for something up lifting, inspiration that would give me hope.

When I could not find this I decided that I would start to write my own personal experiences down in a way to rid myself finally of my demons.

I felt that I was more experienced on this subject than most and hoped I could turn my negative experiences into something hopeful and positive for the reader.

I wanted to show that yes bad things do happen but hopefully my writing could bring some humour into the situations I had experienced and give others hope that they can get better and through depression into recovery.

This blog is going to be linked and run in conjunction with the Mums help mums network Facebook Page.

Some blogs will be extracts of my writing, diary extracts from my time in hospital. Other blogs will be in relation to the mums help mums network page, topics which people are talking about and topics which have and are affecting me, my family and my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment