Saturday 14 January 2012

We may be small in numbers but we are international now

What a week this has been after months of thinking last week I took the plunge and started the Mums help mums network. The interest and kind comments have been amazing and I think it's all really helped me. I haven't stopped smiling with how much interest has been generated. Bad or sad things happen to us all at some time in our life but what I am trying to achieve is to use our own negatives and change them to positives by using the sharing of our own experiences to help and support one another. 1 in 5 mothers suffer from Postnatal depression and keep it to themselves. It is so difficult to ask for help or say out loud that you are struggling. I was the master of denial and facing my own depression but hope I'm over the worst now and more self aware to keep my mental health well. Hopefully the Mums help mums network page and my blog will helping someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment